Did you know your tooth enamel is designed to last a lifetime with proper care and treatment? Will, it’s true! Without appropriate care and attention, your teeth can begin to wear down with time, which can put your smile on a path of destruction. That is why our dentist, Dr. Jacqueline S. Reid with Jacqueline S. Reid DDS in Chatham, New Jersey, is happy to provide you some oral care tips that can help your teeth last a lifetime.
Here are some oral health care tips to use to keep your teeth healthy and strong:
– As you age, it may be more difficult using traditional products. Instead, try switching to alternatives that can be easier to operate.
– Always avoid products that can be abrasive on your teeth. As you age, your tooth enamel will wear down and become more sensitive to dental abrasion.
– If you have dentures, always make sure you clean them daily.
– Stay away from unhealthy lifestyle choices. This includes smoking.
– Be sure to floss between your teeth every day with a reliable interdental tool.
– Be sure to brush your teeth and gums every day with a secure toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste. Also, be sure to clean your tongue every day.
– Eat a diet that consists of healthy foods and is low in acidic snacks.
– Always make sure your mouth is producing enough saliva.
With these tips and tricks, your oral health and tooth enamel can last a lifetime. If you find yourself in need of a dentist, or if you have any questions about your oral health care, then call us today at 973.635.9456 to set up an appointment. Our dental team takes pride in offering high-quality care for your smile and oral health.