To ensure your smile has the greatest chance of success, always make sure you are actively participating in tooth hazard prevention by employing the necessary risk factor avoidance techniques. As long as you are actively protecting your mouth against any dental damage that can arise, your smile stands a chance for oral health success. Here are a few tips to consider:
– Stay away from mouth jewelry products such as tongue piercings and lip rings. Mouth jewelry can easily do serious harm to your mouth including becoming choking hazards, cause infections, lead to gum lacerations, and chip and crack your teeth.
– Exercise caution with the substances and liquids you give to babies in their bottles, as baby bottle tooth decay can easily arise if liquids in the bottle are packed with sugars. In addition, remove any bottles while they are resting so that liquids do not pool in their mouth.
– Chewing on ice may not seem hazardous to your oral health, but it can easily chip and crack your teeth.
– Be careful with cough drops that you may use to help with sore throats. Several forms of cough drops are overloaded with sugars, which can easily raise your risk for enamel erosion and cavities.
– Teeth can easily be broken due to grinding them when you are stressed or sleeping, so consider wearing a protective dental guard such as a mouth guard.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a fantastic smile with tooth hazards prevention, schedule an appointment with Jacqueline S. Reid DDS at our dentist office in Chatham, New Jersey by calling 973.635.9456. Dr. Jacqueline S. Reid and the rest of our team look forward to seeing you.