Dental erosion is a highly damaging oral health disorder that takes place when your sensitive tooth enamel is damaged, often as the result of acidic substances and poor oral hygiene. Tips to thwart dental erosion often rely on preventing future damage from occurring. Here are some things you should know about dental erosion and harmful acids:
– Sidestep abrasive materials that can make teeth extra sensitive. To thwart abrasion against your teeth when brushing, make sure to always use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
– Prevent snacking throughout the day by sticking to large meals only.
– Avoid products or medications that can contribute to dry mouth disorder. Let saliva act as a natural defense against dental erosion.
– Limit sugary products and sweets, since sugars are converted to destructive acids that can eat through your tooth enamel.
– Make sure to remove harmful acids by chewing sugarless gum and using mouthwash.
– Limit your intake of acidic products that have a low pH.
Whichever dental erosion services you feel would best suit your needs, Dr. Jacqueline S. Reid and our team here at Jacqueline S. Reid DDS in our dentist office in Chatham, New Jersey are committed to providing you the service you require. We can be reached at 973.635.9456. A healthy smile is a happy smile!